Amtrak offers everyday discounts for seniors, children, military and groups. Some discounts are available online—others are available by calling 1-800-USA-RAIL and speaking to a Customer Service Representative.
Amtrak requires a 3-day advance purchase for all of its membership discount programs. Tickets for these groups purchased less than 72 hours prior to train departure will not be eligible for everyday discounts:
Children save 50%
- Up to two children, ages 2-12, are eligible to receive a 50% discount on the lowest available adult rail fare on Amtrak Cascades with each full fare adult. One child under the age of two may ride free with each adult ticket purchased. Infants are not entitled to a seat. Additional children under age two are permitted with each adult traveler under the 50% discount policy. Other restrictions may apply.
Seniors save 15%
- Amtrak travelers 62 years of age and over are eligible to receive a 15% discount on the lowest available rail fare on Amtrak Cascades. On cross-border services operated jointly by Amtrak and VIA Rail Canada, a 10% Senior discount is applicable to travelers aged 60 and over.
- The senior discount does not apply to Business Class. These upgrades are permitted upon payment of the full accommodation charges.
- The senior discount is not valid for travel on certain Amtrak Thruway connecting services.
- The senior discount may not be combinable with other discount offers; refer to the terms and conditions for each offer.
- Additional restrictions may apply.
- Valid proof of age is required.
Veterans Advantage Members save 15%
- Passengers holding a valid Veterans Advantage Members Card are eligible to receive a 15% discount on the lowest available rail fare on Amtrak Cascades. Veterans Advantage is a card program for veterans, active duty military personnel, members of the National Guard and Reserve, and "next of kin" family members. You are eligible for enrollment if you have served in any branch of service for any period of service. At Amtrak, the Veterans Advantage discount is available only to the card-holding veteran. For more information, please visit the Veterans Advantage Web site.