Questions? Please call 1-800-USA-RAIL (1-800-872-7245) to speak to a Customer Service Representative.
Passengers have two options on how to receive the refund value of their ticket:
- Passengers may receive the full calculated refund value in the form of a non-refundable exchange voucher valid for future travel purchases. (Note: this option is not available online. See below for details on where to obtain refunds.)
- Or, passengers may receive the calculated refund value, less a 10% refund service charge in the form of cash, check, or credit to credit card, depending on the form of payment that was used for the ticket(s) being refunded. The maximum amount imposed by Amtrak on this 10% refund service charge will be $100 per refund transaction on any single reservation.
Refunds will be calculated separately on each component of the total charges, as described below.
- Rail fare: Most tickets are refundable before travel begins. In most cases, partially used, regular (full) one-way fare tickets may be returned for a partial refund. Some discount tickets are non-refundable once paid for.
- Business Class seat charges: Refundable if reservations are cancelled at least one hour prior to departure. If not cancelled by one hour prior to departure, the seat charge amount will not be refundable, but it may be applied to future Amtrak travel purchases. The Business Class non-refundability penalty will not be imposed if the customer chooses to cancel travel on account of the train being late one hour or more at the boarding station.
An Amtrak Cascades® ticket becomes non-refundable and has no exchange value, after one year from its date of issue. An exchange voucher is valid for one year from date of issue, and may be renewed provided this is done before its expiration date.
must return original tickets
Cancellation or change of reservations does not generate a refund (except for un-ticketed advance payment reservations). The actual original unused or partially used ticket (not a photocopy) must be submitted for a refund.
where to obtain refunds
- At the Stations: Most refunds can be processed at Amtrak ticket offices, depending on the type of ticket and the form of payment.
- On-line: Most tickets purchased on-line can be cancelled and refunded online. Go to Amtrak.com, and follow the instructions at the bottom of the page under "Previous Reservations".
- By Mail: Amtrak can process your unused ticket refund by mail. Send original tickets via certified mail with return receipt requested to: Amtrak Customer Refunds, Box 70, 30th St. Station, 2955 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104-2898.
your tickets have value
Please safeguard your tickets as you would cash. Amtrak is not liable for lost, stolen, misplaced, or destroyed tickets.
tickets are required for travel
You cannot travel on lost tickets. To be able to travel, you must repurchase your tickets.
refund for lost tickets
You may apply for a refund for lost or destroyed tickets. To do so, please download, print out, complete, and sign the Lost Ticket Refund Application form (pdf). Please mail the completed form to the address indicated on the form. Terms and conditions apply. Sorry, refunds for lost tickets may not be applied for on-line.